Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Homeowner........


This really has been a record month for the Shubzda family. I am just wondering if it can get any better than this!
* The first of October Tim and Mandy closed on their house at Cedar Creek Lake. It has been a dream of theirs since they got married. They signed on the dotted line and now have a beautiful residence on beautiful water. What a great place to take the kids on the weekends. What great memories for their family as they grow.
* October 6 brought a new baby...a much awaited gift for all of the family. Brooklynn Mae has been a blessing from the first minute we saw her.
* Today Drew bought his first house! I was lucky enough to be able to go look at his new residence and I am so happy for him. It is a great house in a wonderful neighborhood and he is just so lucky to have found it in time to qualify for that great first time homebuyers tax credit...just under the wire on that one!

We are only half way through the month and I wonder if it can get any better than this. For Drew this has to feel so great. He has been a nomad since graduating from Tech. He has parked his belongings in more places than I can remember. Job moves, apartment changes, and so on. Now he has a home and what a great place to begin. All parents wish good things for their kids and this is just the best.
For me...wow, it means I am back to cleaning up after three of us, not four. I am not sure what part of empty nest I was anticipating but this looks nothing like what I imagined. I love my full house but for awhile a little less to do will feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment