Saturday, October 10, 2009

Four Days Old....

Technology is amazing. Pics sent from a cell phone, Skype (if you don't have it, it is awesome), and computers. Less than 15 years ago you had to wait on snail mail to get updates from you kids, grandkids, family ect. Now it is simply, snap and send. It is the best. Because of this, though we have traveled 1300 miles back to Dallas we have been able to be in touch and see development of Brooklynn daily. No, it is not fun being so far away but I am so much more blessed than families were years ago. Distance means I cannot touch, cannot hold, cannot smell that baby smell after a bath, but I can see and I will take that! Today I watched Tim and Mandy in their living room with their baby..instantaneous gratification!!! She can hear our voices and see our faces. Right now we are a blur to her but in the months ahead maybe she will recognize us even if it is via the computer. California to Dallas is not ideal but I am grateful to whomever decided to spend their time developing things that make us feel like we are as close as we can be right now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment