Monday, December 21, 2009

Daddy's Home.....

After a three and a half week separation, Tim is home and getting to know Brooklynn all over again. Mandy and her family got to Florida, got unpacked, and settled before Tim arrived last Thursday. They are finally in their own place and relatively planted for the next year. I know it must be a huge relief to have a permanent place to hang their clothing. The three of them have lived out of suitcases since November first. Got to love the military! Mandy and Brooklynn have been troopers, moving from place to place for the last two months. Brooklynn never knows where she is going to wake up. Now they have a place to call home.
I, of course, am anxious to make my first trip to Tampa to hug my grandchild. I am trying very hard not to focus on the fact that they will not be here this Christmas. It is the first and hopefully the last time we won't be together. What will I miss the most..simple things like...
Church on Christmas Eve (I love to see all the kids in their new Christmas outfits)
Opening matching Christmas pajamas (the fam likes to pretend they like these..they each probably have two dozen Santa pants hidden in the back of the closet...tradition, you know!)
Breakfast together
Gingerbread house competition
Christmas Eve games
As hard as this is, I am still grateful that Tim is with Mandy and Brooklynn. So many dads and moms are not with their families due to military commitments on the other side of the world. As sad as I am, I am glad they are together and Santa can visit them in Florida. Next year I am hoping that Santa can visit them in Dallas!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment