Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcoming 2010.....

I am sitting here (still in bed and loving being lazy!) and thinking that we are on the verge of another new year. Sometimes we have had a not so good year and we are looking forward to a fresh new start. In our case 2009 was great so I am wondering what 2010 can bring that will equal the excitement of the last 12 months. Maybe just remaining "status quo" is okay. We don't have to wish for more or different. So, as 2010 is a mere 15 hours away my hope is for continued health and happiness for my family and all of those that are such an important part of our life.

Of course there is always the topic of New Years resolutions. I make them like everyone else every New Years Eve and then forget what they were by February 1st. This year I am looking at it differently. Instead of a resolution, I am making a "bucket list" of things I want to accomplish this year. Things I won't dread doing, like loosing weight, but things I know I want to do that I am determined to finish before 2011. I think that writing this down will help me commit and this won't be a chore, it will be a pleasure!

*Mastering my camera: Not so easy since I have purchased a camera that is way over my head but I love pictures, they are moments captured forever, and I am committed to reading the manual. Maybe I will even fit in a class on the subject. It is a passion of mine so I might as well do it right, right?

*Sewing: It is therapy. I love to quilt and arrange pieces of fabric into designs. I have stacks of material. I love it. Next year I am not just going to look at it and feel it, I am going to find time to sew more. It makes me feel good.

*Cook: It is how I earn a living...teaching kids to cook....but I never do it at home. I have about 300 cookbooks. I buy them, read them, put post it notes in them and that is it.....cookbooks full of post it notes. This year I am determined to actually make a shopping list on Sunday and make dinner during the week. I am going to test all of those recipes and enjoy what I love. It has to this point been a total lack of organization...no more. This year, dear family, we won't have pancakes and grilled cheese every night.

*Finish my grandaughters scrapbook: Another form of therapy and it is piled in the corner with parts of pages everywhere. I love it. It is creativity that makes me feel good but it seems there is always something else to do..like vacuum. Think I can put that off and do something that really matters.

If I can accomplish this I will have had a VERY good year. I will report back on my success on New Years Eve 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment