Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snail Mail.....

I just heard on the news that the post office is in disastrous shape. No one is using the mail anymore...too much email, texting, facebook ect. They say we may only get mail 5 days a week soon so we can save the post office from bankruptcy. I only buy stamps about twice a year...just don't mail much. BUT...now it is Christmas and it is the one time a year that I rush home from work to check my mail. I love it. Other times of the year I might go two days without visiting the mailbox but not now. There is real mail, not just circulars, credit card application, and grocery ads...REAL MAIL. There are cards from people that we only hear from once a year and it is so nice to catch up on all of the news and see pictures of the growing families. I groan like everyone else when it is time to sit down and hand write addresses on those envelopes. It takes time and we are all busy. But...I find plenty of time to read the letters and look at all of the cards. It is the best. So for everyone that thinks it is too much trouble...PLEASE don't quit. We need to keep the postal workers employed and how many of us complain when we are fortunate to receive special messages from special friends at this time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment