Monday, March 8, 2010

A Little Dessert....

Okay, so this is a little off the beaten path of my usual blog ideas but worth spending the time writing about. It was birthday month in the office today. The principal and 5 of the 6 assistant principals have March birthdays so my class decided some kind of treat was in order. Off to one of my new favorite places for recipes....The Pioneer Woman's Blog. Yes, I spend far to much time searching out way too many things on the internet but it keeps me out of bars! Okay again, for those that know me I probably would not know what to do in a bar but it sounded good!

We found the perfect dessert recipe and from what I hear from all that ate it this afternoon it is a winner. So here you go:

Apple Dumplings

2 Granny Smith Apples

2 cans crescent rolls

2 sticks butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

cinnamon sugar mixture

small can Mountain Dew soda

Peel and core the apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. place in a 9x13 inch buttered pan. Melt butter and then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir and pour entire mixture over apples (do not over stir this mixture.) Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until browned. Serve warm with ice cream.

It is beyond delicious.

Check out more great recipes at "The Pioneer Woman" on my sidebar!!



No comments:

Post a Comment