Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break....BROKE!!!!!

Well it started out looking like a great week...perfect weather for getting out and sprucing up some of those things that winter left looking shabby. Have to start with replacing the worn door decor with something springlike. Perfect!! Now I am feeling better about things in general. Kind of like starting out fresh with a new season coming on. Next it was off to the nursery for some plants...that is always the highlight of spring break week! Digging in the dirt and planting flowers is therapeutic. I filled in the planters and gardens with fresh dirt and fertilizer so all those tiny plants would have nourishment for proper growth..only the best for my begonias!


Of course, I had to make a run to the quilt store. The second most therapeutic thing is fabric and a sewing machine so now I am set for staying in and clearing all of the winter cobwebs out of my fogged head....I am so ready!

Oh, in between trips to the store I managed to get Ozzie in for his spring haircut...now he is feeling good about things too!
Did I mention that on one of my trips to a garden center I found this great chair...or set of chairs for my backyard. Yes, they were not on my list of things to spend money on but they just called my name and now they are on my patio and I must say I do like the way they look.

So with all of the errands run, money spent, and things in place for a restful week, I pulled into my garage ready to begin planting, sewing, cleaning, and enjoying the weather. Well, I am now in my garage and in my house permanently (at least for now) because as I enthusiastically closed the garage it had a mind of it's own about things and reversed. Yes, it reversed and the top panel crumbled in front of my eyes. Much to my horror I am not only stuck, I now have a nice big repair bill to pay. So, just great...it is a fact. Now I am really spring break BROKE!










No comments:

Post a Comment