Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ode To The Mailman....

Think in terms of the song "Oh Christmas Tree"
Oh mailman, Oh mailman,
Much pleasure doth thou bring me!
Oh mailman, Oh mailman,
Much pleasure doth thou bring me!
For every year at Christmas time,
Your bring cards to me from friends of mine!
Oh mailman, Oh mailman
Much pleasure doth thou bring me!
The parcel man stops by here too,
With packages for me and you!
Oh parcel man, Oh parcel man.
Much pleasure doth thou bring me!
When Christmas Day comes to an end,
I'll miss seeing you come 'round the bend!
Oh mailman, Oh parcel man,
Much pleasure doth thou bring me!!!

Okay, yes that is pretty sad. I obviously have too much time on my hands this season!!! Never having an entire season free I have found myself with everything finished way in advance of the approaching festivites so I am sitting here writing a very lame song.

But, the truth is I do LOVE the mail and packages this time of year. Friends with messages from the past twelve months, pictures of growing families, and the UPS man with all of my online orders make every day exciting. I never know what is going to arrive. I was lucky enough to catch the delivery man today and send him off with a bag of cookies. His season is surely hectic and someone should share some Christmas cheer!!!

I wish the other eleven months of the year brought such joy when I headed to the mailbox. Maybe we should all send more "snail mail' and keep the U.S. post office from going bankrupt and make someone happy when they check the mail in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment