Saturday, December 17, 2011

Santa Thoughts....

All I Need To Know About Christmas I Learned From Santa Claus*Encourage people to believe in you
*Always remember who's naughty and who's nice
*Don't pout
*It's as much fun to give as to receive
*Some days it's okay to feel a little chubby
*Make your presents know
*Always ask for a little more than you really want
*Bright red can make anyone look good
*Wear a wide belt and know one will notice how many pounds you've gained
*If you only show up once a year everyone will think you are very important

No...not my original sentiments but thoughts from a Christmas card I received many years ago. It is framed and part of my decor every year and always makes me laugh!

I am hosting my own Christmas wrapping party this morning complete with appropriate music, a cup of Golden Eggnog coffee (hmmm..don't even drink coffee but it sounded like the thing to do), and the end of the gifts that need paper and bows. I am calling it a great morning and my intent is to "wrap it up" (no pun intended) and just enjoy this final week before all of this preparation comes to an end with Santa's arrival.

And FYI, the majority of my gifts will have paper and bows. I guilted myself into dispensing with most of the gifts bags after I heard Jimmy Kimmell say that gift bags instead of wrapping paper at Christmas was like attending a wedding in sweatpants instead of a tux. Not sure that is a valid comparison but I am going with the sentiment and wasting many trees here this morning!

In the spirit of sharing this time with family and friends...with this mission accomplished, I am off to a party!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment