Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Getting To Be A Habit.....

This did not begin as a planned event...Sunday dinner that is. It has never been by invitation only. It just kind of evolved into a weekly day of food and relaxation. We all dine on Sunday, but I am content to call for tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. It has, however, become much more complicated than that. That "day of rest" meal has become an afternoon of elaborate preparation and experimentation. The afternoon would not be complete without an array of various wines for sampling. Though I do not really partake in the wine tasting (a sensory examination and evaluation of wines), I am always entertained by the choices of the day. I tend to choose wines by the label. Their choices are much more complicated than that! I do not understand the dry vs. woody conversations.
Then it is on to the steps in preparation. Today's entree...fried turkey without the oil. Anything the men will take over earns reward points with me!

Appetizers always!!!

Injected flavoring for the turkey...how is it we always managed with a little salt and pepper and oil before? How little we knew about refining the taste!Veggies, a salad, and a turkey fried just right...meal complete!

Nothing left but the bones.
Sunday dinner is a habit I am not trying to break!

No comments:

Post a Comment