Friday, January 20, 2012

Returning to The Scene....

Yes, I do it occasionally.....go back to the classroom that is. Trust that I carefully calculate the need for accepting a substitute job before I push that magic button that says I am coming, or answer "yes" when I get a phone call from a friend. I ration those days of setting the alarm for 5 am. It all depends on NEED. Right now there is a NEED. I am determined to hang some pendant lights above my kitchen island. Sadly, retirement puts a halt on a lot of unnecessary purchases. But step in the ability to grab a day or two of work PRN (as needed) and dang...now I can call the electrician.
What a gift...in so many ways. I can go work if and when I want. I can walk in a classroom and the lesson plans are on the desk. Those stacks of papers you see piled everywhere....not my job anymore. Oh thank goodness!!!! Do you realize how hard teachers work? I do, I have been there!
It is nice to be able to walk in and see a friendly face. It is always interesting to interact with a classroom full of teenagers and catch up on the latest lingo.
"Hey, Miss, your name is really swag!" Is that a good thing or a bad thing? "Oh no miss, that is good. I mean like Shubzda is good." Well, thanks for that!
So, I am three more work days away from new lights. Then I will decide what I am wanting next and how many days I am willing to crawl out of bed before the sun comes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment