Monday, September 1, 2014

Coming Soon.............

It is September 1st
.  Time to put away all of my red, white, and blue.  I tend to think in terms of July 4th until after Labor Day and so now it is time to remove everything patriotic and reset my mind to fall..despite the ever present heat and humidity.
I love this time of year.  I am a football fan but I have given up loving the Cowboys.  I did that years ago when I became totally disenchanted with Jerry Jones face.  I know that if you want to watch a game you have to be willing to look at the owner and general manager way too often and I just cannot do that anymore.  I have kind of switched my allegiance to wherever Peyton Manning plays, so Denver I am following you on Sundays.
College football....yes, please.  I could look at Kliff Kingsbury all day so I will be tuning in to watch the Texas Tech Red Raiders regularly.
And next on upcoming happenings....
 We have a new family member arriving on Saturday!
 Meet HARLEY!!!!!
 After being dog free for about two months and making a stand against ever having another dog in our house, I caved!  I finally convinced the family that starting over with a new puppy at our age was a very bad decision and we just had to enjoy the freedom that being dog free brings.
Well, what I quickly discovered was that I missed having an animal.....yes, me....I am the one that missed a dog.  I also decided that if this was going to happen I had to quickly find a dog that would work for us....cannot bark, does not shed or slobber, is under 25 pounds, does not smell like a dog, looks cuddly, easily trainable, excellent with small children, and is playful and loving.  Just try googling all those traits and see what comes up.  Not much but an Australian Labradoodle.  I found the perfect dog, announced my find to the family and put in my order.  We have patiently waited and Saturday is the big day.  Jimmy and Sara will travel to Austin to finally pick up our dog.  Who is the most excited...probably me.  But, do not ever tell my husband I said that!
 Harley's home is ready and Brooklynn tested it out.
Little did I know how entertaining a cage would be!!  
She put herself in and out for hours!
 Next...one month away from Paris.  
I am suffering from sleep deprivation just thinking about it!
I am going to be packing my new luggage very soon and traveling nine hours across the ocean to hang out somewhere I never in my life imagined I could go.
I have all my birthday gifts ready to go...
passport holder
umbrella
purse
electrical converter
and a beautiful new bracelet to keep me safe when I am airborne.
Until the middle of October I see nothing but good things on the horizon.
After the middle of October we can begin the countdown until Tim's African adventure is over.  
I would have to say the last quarter of 2014 is going to be AWESOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment