Monday, September 22, 2014

Not Just A Pumpkin............

Today is the first day of fall. 
 I do not have wonderful pictures of all the decorations I have gotten out, or the Pinterest projects for the season because truth be known there are no decorations.  We are leaving town for ten days and I am not dragging everything out just to turn around and put it up to do Christmas.
It is, however, the pumpkin season whether I am embracing it or not!
 Just a quick google of the subject and I have found out that we raise 1 billion pounds of pumpkin every year.
What to do with all of that pumpkin???
You can only set so many on the front porch and a few pumpkin pies each season is enough.
You only have to navigate one aisle of Kroger to realize that you can get out your new iPhone and snap more than a small photo album full of pumpkin products.
There is no place in your kitchen (or stomach) that you cannot incorporate pumpkin!
I am trying to imagine a pumpkin flavored beer.  Since I cannot even drink a normal Miller Lite, I doubt that I am going to stocking up on a brew loaded with pumpkin flavoring.  

This, however, calls my name!
Give me good cookie with a dose of pumpkin and in the cart it goes.  
I am all about the sugar and spice mixture.  
I can load a cake, a pie, or muffins with the fall type squash and be in total fall happiness!
If I don't use up all of the pumpkins in baked goods I also found out that pumpkin puree is a cure for a case of freckles.  What I cannot figure out is why anyone would want to cure freckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment