Monday, September 8, 2014

REAL Estate!!!....

 I have been driving by this "stone" house for 35 years.
It sits less than 1/4 mile from our old house, and practically across the street from my present house.
For years I packed my children into whatever form of van I happened to be driving and passed this house on my left and the old Capricorn Riding Academy on my right.  We made it down a blacktop road that was once named Blackburn to some sort of civilization where I could purchase groceries.  
Kroger was not 1/2 mile away and you did not run quickly for bread.  You had to plan...which is now a lost art at my house.
So there is a point to this story!
Every time we drove by here Tim boldly declared that he was going to live there someday.  He had a strong attraction to this stone cottage behind a bunch of overgrown vines.
I humored him and thought it was cute he wanted to live by his mom!
After all of these years there is a "For Sale" sign in the yard.
Thinking Tim would find this a bit nostalgic I googled the property.
This 1400 square foot, sold "as is" home is on the market for......
$1,153,000.00
This is not thousands...that is over a million dollars.  
It sets on 3 plus acres.  Really?  Have they discovered oil here or something?
I logged out and looked it up again to make sure I was right.
No doubt about it.  That is the price. 
I don't think if Tim was the chairman and head CEO of JCP he would be willing to drop that kind of money on this!
So, I am sad.  Soon someone will buy it and probably level it and build something more fitting on the land.  My trips down the road will not be the same.  The space will no longer conjure up memories of a van load of kids and a son that wanted to live in the woods.
Progress just stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment