Saturday, September 20, 2014

Just Thinking....

On a very personal note...let me say that this month always stinks.  I would be lying if I said it didn't. To go from the euphoria of watching your firstborn marry, move with his wife to California, settle in to being a husband, celebrate a 27th birthday, and then die a month later sucks.
I look forward to fall with very mixed emotions. 
 I love the season, but I hate the memories.  
I am pretty good at being happy...when I need to be.  I am a content person and I am grateful for all that I have been blessed with...but I miss my child.  I want him to call and say "Hi mom, this is Matt".  He always did.  Did he think I would confuse him for someone else?!
I know that I have no right to expect that I am going to live a trouble free life.  None of us do.  We all have baggage, burdens, and worries.  I know that what I foresaw as our future is not what God had in mind.  I accept that and live that daily.  I am not mad that I was chosen for this.  My whole family was affected by what happened but we seldom talk about the awful period in our lives anymore.  I don't yell at God now...but I did when it happened.  I am thankful for the strength that came along with this burden for otherwise I would be pretty tough to be around.  I know what will be someday, but I also know what is now, and there are just some days that I am sad...and I guess that is today.  
I know that tomorrow I will be back to normal, but I also know that if for today I cannot automatically paste on a smile that it is okay.  We all have the right to live in the past for a moment, wish for what might have been,  and then we move on to the reality of our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment