Sunday, October 19, 2014

Friday.....I Believe My Favorite Day!!!!........

If I had to pick I would say this was my favorite day of our trip.  I am not sure of the reason...maybe we were all past jet lag, we had set into a comfortable pace, we had spent two nights at the same grand hotel, and we had a little free time to wander the streets on our own.  The town of Tours seems very French to me, France like I had it pictured in my mind.
The pace of this town was so interesting.  We did take a few hours just to walk through the streets like the locals....the French locals.
Directly across the street from our hotel was their main government building.  It was gorgeous.
The flowers everywhere we had been were spectacular.  Oh the lessons we could learn from the pride they take in maintaining their public spaces.
 The main mode of transportation everywhere we had been was scooters, bicycles, and very small automobiles.  There are no parking lots anywhere.

 A typical French mama and her children.
 A typical French street....
 And a cute little French lady.

 Oh goodness, and shop after shop of French pastries and there are absolutely no fat French people.
I am not sure how they manage that but I would destroy their culture if I lived there because fat would be my middle name.
Pizza anyone?
The pilgrims are ready...time to begin our next leg of the journey!
First stop of our day was the Chateau of d'Amboise.  The stroll through the little town leading to this Cheateau was gorgeous.  Some of my favorite things were the views and the shops along the walks to our destination.  They were so typical of the life these people lead.
Does this gentleman really make you want to buy bread from his shop?
Oh, the views....the constant views!!!

On the grounds of the Chateau was a beautiful small chapel where the body of Leonardo de Vinci was buried.  
A real suit of armor and I promise you that the thighs of this gentleman were about the size of my calves.  I attribute that to the fact that there were no elevators or escalators and the stairways in these structures were endless.  The steps I took in a single day ...well, I am now in the best shape of my life!!!

Oh to spend just a single day in that time period!




Absolutly no historical significance here...just interesting art!




New special friends Diedre and Tammy.....another blessing from our journey!
Oh how I wish I had bought some of this amazing handmade lace!
Not part of our party of pilgrims...this man was adorned in this massive fur coat and it was at least 80 degrees out...so French!
Next we were off to Orleans...pronounced Or-le-own if you are French!
And I am now so French of course!!!
I absolutely loved this place!
It was here Joan of Arc fought her fiercest battle against the English.
The whole town is dedicated to her memory.


A leisurely stroll down this beautiful street lead us to the Cathedral where were blessed once again to celebrate mass with those on this journey.


What a gift to celebrate the Eucharist with Father Timothy and our traveling companions.


Last stop of the day...Hotel Jacques Boucher where Joan of Arc once lived.



Back on the bus....off to Paris!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment