Sunday, September 27, 2009

Big Red and I....

We are off on another exciting adventure. I bought this big red suitcase when I went to New York for my vacation. I figured that a trip like that required new baggage, something that looked the part of the sophisticated traveler. I had been using a bag that my mom gave me when she bought a new one oh so many years ago...and it was very worn to say the least. Cannot be taking that on this trip!!! Now we are off again...on another adventure. We are going to California to wait on the arrival of Baby Shoob. I have stressed over when to leave for so long and I decided that even if it meant waiting for days after I got there, that I could not miss this. A first grandbaby only arrives once and you cannot go back and repeat the experience. So I repacked. Yes, the weather has changed since I first loaded the bag. It was full summer heat two weeks ago, now it feels like fall. I have the appropriate clothing and I am headed to the airport.
Gate 21 to Fresno. I cannot wait. The travel Gods must have been with me. My bag was 4 pounds overweight, and the nice man did not charge me. He also did not charge me the $15 baggage fee or the $2 to check in at the lower level. Yes, I did tip him but probably not nearly enough for his kindness!

The plane was on time...you have to know that it has about a 2% on time record for flights from DFW to Fresno...I win again! And when I got on the plane I had the whole bulkhead row to myself. Three seats!!!! What a great trip. Pregnant daughter-in-law, son, and Mitzy were there meet me and it was an uneventful ride back to Lemoore. No baby yet but that is okay. It is pro ball Sunday and Tim is glued to his computer to check his Fantasy stats. Maybe tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment