Monday, September 21, 2009

Jerry World?.....

I was so excited about this grand opening, this first game, this record setting crowd, that I actually sat in front of the TV with my camera and took pictures of our screen. This is far from my usual topic. I try to write what I am passionate about and what makes me happy. This obviously is not it....the what makes me happy part, that is." Jerry World", are you serious? That is how the media keeps referring to the new stadium. Jerry could stop this but he loves it. Can you imagine Tex Schram allowing the public to refer to the old Texas Stadium as "Schram Land"??? He would have been embarrassed. He was too classy a guy for that kind of circus. He and Tom Landry were real, honest and sincere...and professional. This owner is all about himself. I could get really ugly if I wrote what I really thought but I will limit it to the sadness we all felt when all the hype disintegrated into utter embarrassment.
Not only was there an attendance record, it was probably viewed by more people than any other sports cast in the last year...and they failed. The Cowboys lost. That happens. Maybe the pressure was too intense.
The stadium may be the best but Jones let it all go to his head. I am so sorry. I just cannot imagine being so egotistical. He has to come back to earth. Join the rest of us that deal with reality. That reality is ...this is not the team that used to be, fantastic stadium or not. It could be...but we are not there yet.

Be humble. Thank someone for the gifts you have been given...like the business smarts to pull this off, the public that supported this effort, the Arlington taxpayers who are absorbing some of the cost, the fans who are buying the expensive seats and boxes, ect. ect. Stop patting yourself on the back please and realize that it takes more than this huge structure to gain the respect of us ordinary people.
And with that...I will be back on track next time. Just had to vent.


No comments:

Post a Comment