Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Am Officially Calling It Fall.....

This morning was the right time. I am never sure exactly when I am going to get that real fall feeling but when I went out to get the paper this morning I knew it was the day! It was time to take down the faded summer front door wreath and hang up fall colors. I love it. When it is spring, I think that is my favorite season, but when fall comes around I know I was wrong...nope, it is surely fall!!! Texas is having amazingly weird weather. We have felt like we might ought to begin construction on an ARK. Non-stop rain for a week or more. Yes, that is fine. We always need water, but it would be nice to pace yourself "oh wizard of rain". This morning the sun is out, the humidity is gone and the air just says.....Welcome Fall! It reminds me of sweatshirts, chili, and of course football.

Yes, this is the first official football weekend in my mind. Friday night ball has been hampered by storms and game delays. Last weekend there were just no college games that really called my name. The Cowboys won but my mind was on dragging out suitcases out and packing....just in case!!! So, this weekend I am ready. I got out my WRECK 'EM TECH shirt and I am ready for a showdown with Texas this evening. Sunday is the first season game for the Cowboys in the new stadium. Despite my feelings about the Cowboys owner, I still think he produced a work of art in Arlington. It is an amazing structure, that I hope will be inhabited by an equally amazing team this year. Time will tell.

I am off to buy Velvetta and Rotel. Nothing says game day like queso!

No comments:

Post a Comment