Saturday, January 23, 2010

City By The Bay....

Tampa Bay that is. What a beautiful place! I have been to the other City by the Bay...San Francisco...and I think I would choose this bay any day. San Francisco is a great tourist spot. Lots of great sights to see, pictures to take, food to eat, and things you will always be glad you had a chance to witness. But, for just place to hang out and enjoy, I believe Tampa Bay wins hands down.
I did not get out and do any sightseeing while I was visiting the fam but within a two mile radius I encountered some great scenery. While Brooklynn was napping I put on my walking shoes and decided to take a stroll. It was fantastic.

The squirrels in the park were glad to stop and pose for me. Amazing that they did not even move as I took several shots of them climbing the tree.

Off again down the road lined with huge moss laden trees. It was beautiful. I wanted to grab a lawn chair and just sit and enjoy the quiet but it was getting dark and I was a long way from home.
One of my favorite things were the roads....brick roads. Reminders of my grandmothers house in Illinois. It is strange the memories that you draw from your childhood. At my grandmothers it was the brick roads I loved and the bread man driving down them...Ray..I even remember his name. We always got to pick out a sweet roll when he stopped. What a treat. Brick roads were normal then. Now it is cement and blacktop. Not nearly as much fun. I am sorry that my kids do not have memories of brick roads....makes me curious as to what things will be stored for them to draw on when they get older. I just hope they enjoy walking down memory lane as much as I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment