Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's Over :( .......

Yes, the glorious two weeks of no alarm clock, no schedule, sleeping in, and doing whatever I wanted is over. YIKES! I enjoyed every second of it...and it is over. Tonight when I get ready for bed, I will set the alarm for the dreaded 5 am, and go put my gradebook back in the car. I will probably lay there for hours knowing I have to get up and not be able to go to sleep! I enjoyed my vacation. It was everything I wanted it to be....friends, fun and being lazy. It is over!
Tomorrow is meetings and seeing my co-workers after a two week break. "How was your Christmas, did you watch the bowl games, what do you think about Mike Leach, guess who I saw over the holidays?" and so on. And then things will seem normal again. Tuesday brings 150 new faces in my classroom and new challenges and new personalities. Wonder if my kids will be as good as last semester? Gosh, I will miss Grace and Tony during A1. Wonder how I can make recipe reading more interesting? Okay, now I am back on a roll. I think I am ready.
I wonder how I would feel if I retired and I knew I was not going back. If I knew that no alarms was permanent, if I let someone else teach all of those kids, how would I feel? So many questions to ask yourself when the reality of not being there is so close.
Tonight I have to set my alarm, it is over, but I think that it is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment