Friday, January 8, 2010

Global Warming......


I am freezing. My ears are cold...and my nose, and my hands and I am not sure I will ever be warm again. Tonight we are expecting the coldest temperatures we have had in the last twenty years. They are fearing main water line breaks and possible shortages of gas. The news says keep you car filled so the lines at the gas station to stand in 13 degree temperatures to pump gas are five cars deep. And just holding on to the handle of the pumps is trecherous. I am afraid it will stick...like your tongue on a frozen pole (Dumb and Dumber, remember?)

We've had our own set of problems at work this week. Seems the pipes in the building are so old that they feared freezing so they closed down all of the water fountains and turned off the water in the teacher bathrooms...have you ever shared bathroom space with 30 teenage girls in the 7 minutes you have between classes.....just does not work! So we all took roll and ran quickly to a semi empty restroom before starting the days lesson.
Then there issues with just staying warm even at home....it is not fun to jump out of that very warm bed at 5 am and go into that very cold bathroom to get dressed and then jump into a very cold car to drive to work. I know I will be wishing for cool when it is 110 degrees this summer but for now...oh to be warm!!

So, global warming. Tell all of us in the south that are either covered in snow or looking at temperatures of 14 degrees with a wind chill of 2 degrees that the ozone layer is wearing away and the earth is too warm....I don't believe it!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment