Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Final Duty.....

Yes, this is it....the final chapter in the retirement saga. I had one more duty...no it was a privilege...to participate in the graduation of 490 seniors. It was the last time I will walk in guiding a row of students that have finally made it. Graduation has never been a chore. I have never thought that there had to be a better place to be than sitting in the Special Events Center for two hours while they called an unending list of names.
It is an honor. I am so proud to see these kids that made it through four years receive a diploma. For some it is the end of formal education. Lack of finances and no parental support means that they will now look for another path to follow. No more safety net...they are own their own.
I love them. I want to mother them all. God knew what he was doing when he led me to a classroom.
Time is a strange commodity. It passes so quickly and when we look back we want to save moments and pieces of it forever. So, I am reflecting on today.
It was perfect.
This is the final page. Tomorrow will bring joys of a different kind. They will be equally as important to me. This is the beginning, not the end.

But for just one more moment I want to hold onto what I just let go of.












No comments:

Post a Comment