Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It WAS a Surprise!!!.....

It was what I NEVER wanted...a retirement party. I just wanted to walk away. I wanted to sign my papers, hug my kids, pack up my classroom, and walk out. I am bad at goodbyes. I am a carbon copy of my dad...emotion is my right hand man. So, just let me leave without any acknowledgement. That is too much for me.
Thank you family for not paying attention to me. It was the perfect evening. It was a guest list that I would have chosen myself. It was the gift that I did not want...but the one that I am very grateful for.

It was my special friends, co-workers, and family gathered to celebrate the end of 23 years of what really was not work, but pure joy. I am so thankful to have had a job that brought me so much pleasure. I smiled on the way to work and was smiling at the end of the day about 95% of the time and not many people are lucky enough to find that kind of career.



I have been so blessed. Jimmy and I both had jobs that allowed us to be stationary all of our married life. We have developed relationships with people that are irreplaceable friends. We shared times both good and bad and have stuck together.

So against my wishes Jimmy and my wonderful kids gathered these people together to give me a celebration I will not ever forget. I had the time of my life and THANK YOU for not listening to me...you really never do anyway!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment