Tuesday, June 14, 2011

World Champs...

I would be totally remiss if I failed to note the success of the Mavericks in their quest be be the NBA Basketball Champs. I am not a fan of basketball. I find the stories about the attitudes and egos of the overpaid players to spoil the enthusiasm I have for sports in general. Too many guys that think their prowess on the court allows them to be total jerks off the court. But, I got caught up in the playoffs. When it is a hometown team you buy into the hype. It was a dream series! I watched it all and I am glad I did. I am a fan now...but only a fan of the Mavericks.
They won with class. They did not let their egos get in the way of winning on the court. Even Mark Cuban managed to redeem himself. By offering the trophy to Don and Linda Carter...the founders of the organization, he raised his stock in the eyes of fans.
Dirk is a true star. He does not do endorsements. He does not have an agent. He just plays for the love of the game. What a unique concept. Take note LeBron. Sometime the good guys do win...this year they did!


No comments:

Post a Comment