Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nursery School....

Today Brooklynn and Sara and I decided to think out of the box a little and make a trip to the local nursery for a few lessons on flowers. We had been picking the ones out of the pots on my front porch but maybe we should go explore where all of these pretty plants come from....so we headed out to survey what was in stock at the local garden center.
What we found out was the the selection was slim. I guess if you do not garden before the end of June you are just out of luck. Nothing in stock but the heat loving periwinkles in all shades of pink...a good opportunity to point out the there were different hues in the pink catagory besides the one she was wearing.
An educator knows you never pass up that "teachable moment"
Brooklynn really took the whole thing seriously. She was quite the master at operating the cart we chose...the one with the flat tire! The owner pointed that out after we had driven it through the entire garden.
And when the novelty wore off she became the passenger....carefully guarding the plants we had chosen.
What I learned today at nursery school was that my grandchild cannot stand anything on her hands. My sundress became her towel where she carefully cleaned her hands after each plant she placed on the cart!!
She never ceases to amaze me whith her curiousity and her ability to grasp things so quickly. And I never mind lending my clothing to wipe those pudgy little fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment